Okay so for this blog response I will be talking about essay packet #2. Out of all the essays on this packet, I have to say that none of them quite stood out any more than the others. I didn't really have a favorite nor did I like any of them that much. This is usually not the case, but I digress.
So anyway, the first essay "Three Voices" is terribly confusing. In all three parts they mention an or the color orange, but I don't know the significance. There really is no plot to these essays other than what seems like random babbling about some type of life experience. In all three parts, it may seem to be speaking of the past, present, and future of ones life, but I haven't quite figured that out. Near the end it makes some type of reference to the life translating English to Spanish and vice versa. Almost to be defined in text as: Young Woman Longing Life Stranger is Orange Angel of Wonder, My Life is Sacred. I don't get this one.
The second essay, The Fine Art of Sighing, really pisses me off to put it quite frankly. The idea is that everybody sighs for different reasons. We all sigh with our bodies and we all sigh differently. In this idea we are all connected through this sighing, and makes its point in mentioning a literal Bridge of Sighs. Well isn't that just beautiful. We all eat food. We all drink water. We all breathe clean air. We all think with our brain. We are a human species. We all make decisions. We all grow old. We all die... Why would the author pick sighing? Yes, I understand that we are all connected, but we are all connected for multiple reasons. I don't know why the author picked this one, I suppose it just doesn't resonate well with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment