Saturday, December 11, 2010

Final Thoughts (yes, I know this is late)

This semester has gone by very quickly. When I first signed up for my classes, I knew I would have to take my last two gen ed's in the Art category, so I picked this class as one of them. I have to say that going through this entire class, I don't know if I have become a better writer. In my opinion, writing has always come kind of "naturally" to me in the sense that I can write about almost anything. I'm pretty opinionated, so sometimes the things I write about have some bias toward them. I don't think it affects the message though.

My writing process hasn't really changed that much. In this post I can already tell you that it looks kind of scattered. Particularly because I'm not 100% sure what things I should be pin-pointing. What I do know, though, is that my experience with this class has been pretty unique. I had never attended readings or any type of shows but by making at least two of them mandatory I feel like I've experienced something I wouldn't normally set out to experience. In my writing, I wasn't too fond of writing poems or fiction (because I hate fiction) but when I force myself to go through it, it all turned out okay in the end. I found out that my sister liked my writing, so that was kind of inspirational, in some sort of abstract way. At the end of the day though, I don't feel quite as satisfied about all of my courses this semester, it's probably the two art gen ed's speaking, though.

For my final thought on writing, I just want to say that I feel writing is particularly a leisure activity. I feel like if I was going to write about something, I would only want it to be informative. Why? Because I'm addicted to relevant information. I do not like spending time wandering the possibilities of things that don't exist. I want to convey a message that will make people think about Something. I find this the most effective way to communicate. In the beginning of class, I said that I was a part of something called "The Zeitgeist Movement", and I will stick to my thoughts about writing and offer something relevant to anybody who decides to read this. So I leave you with this:

www.TheVenusProject.com
www.TheZeitgeistMovement.com
www.ZeitgeistMovie.com

Happy learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment